|Directed by||Brad Peyton|
|Produced by||Beau Flynn|
|Screenplay by||Ryan Engle|
Ryan J. Condal
|Story by||Ryan Engle|
|Music by||Andrew Lockington|
|Edited by||Jim May|
|Production company||New Line Cinema|
Flynn Picture Company
Seven Bucks Productions
|Distributed by||Warner Bros. Pictures|
|Release date||: April 20, 2018|
Rampage is an upcoming American action adventure monster film directed by Brad Peyton. It is loosely based on the video game series of the same name by Midway Games. The film stars Dwayne Johnson, Naomie Harris, Malin Åkerman, Joe Manganiello, Jake Lacy, Marley Shelton, and Jeffrey Dean Morgan.
New Line Cinema will release the film on April 20, 2018 in 3D and IMAX.
Primatologist Davis Okoye, a man who keeps people at a distance, shares an unshakable bond with George, the extraordinarily intelligent, albino silverback gorilla who has been in his care since birth. But a rogue genetic experiment gone awry mutates this gentle ape into a raging creature of enormous size. To make matters worse, it’s soon discovered there are other similarly altered animals. As these newly created alpha predators tear across North America, destroying everything in their path, Okoye teams with a discredited genetic engineer to secure an antidote, fighting his way through an ever-changing battlefield, not only to halt a global catastrophe but to save the fearsome creature that was once his friend.
- Dwayne Johnson as Davis Okoye, a primatologist and head of an anti-poaching unit out of Rwanda.
- Naomie Harris as Dr. Kate Caldwell, a genetic engineer who teams up with Okoye.
- Malin Åkerman as Claire Wyden, who infects a gorilla (George), reptile (Lizzie), and wolf (Ralph) with a mutagenic serum that will cause rapid growth and induced rage.
- Joe Manganiello as Burke, the leader of a private military group
- Jake Lacy
- Marley Shelton as a scientist and astronaut
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Agent Russell, a government agent who works for an agency called OGA.
- Jason Liles as the motion-capture of George, an albino gorilla and one of the animals affected by a strange chemical that mutates him.
- P. J. Byrne as a scientist
- Jack Quaid
- Matt Gerald
- Breanne Hill as Amy
- Urijah Faber as a possible henchman of Claire Wyden